Tuesday, March 31, 2009

First Post!!


So I have had this blog up and ready for months now but didn't really know what I wanted to write about. It seems like everyone I follow have these great things and ideas that they do and I don't know who would want to read what I had to say... but thanks to Andy at poppyginger.blogspot.com inviting us to share what we have been doing. I really wanted to share this fun "craft" I did with my step daughter the other day. We took a basic cork bulletin board painted it black and used the handy dandy Cricut to cut out some stencils. Spray painted some plastic tacks and glued a feather boa around the frame. She is going to use it to hang her jewelry on and pictures. It took kind of a long time because of the different layers of paint and drying times and it only cost about $10 to make. It was lots of fun!

1 comment:

  1. Wow!!!! What a cool idea!! I would have never thought about painting cork or tacks for that matter!! The boa is so much fun. I bet she loves it!! I'm so glad you posted it!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany